|Initial release||September 2, 2008|
|Stable release||23.0.1271.64 / November 6, 2012|
Android (4.0 and later) |
iOS (4.3 or later)
OS X (10.6 and later)
Windows (XP SP2 and later)
|License||Freeware under Google Chrome Terms of Service|
Google Chrome is a web browser developed and published by Google Inc. It is available for Windows, Android, and iOS.
Google Chrome Didn't Shut Down Correctly
In Windows 8, Google Chrome displays the message it did not shut down correctly when opening it. The reason for this is that it continues running in the background after it has been closed and when Windows 8 is shutdown, Google Chrome does not have enough time to properly close.
- Open Google Chrome's Settings
- Click Show Advanced Settings
- Under System, uncheck Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed
No sound from YouTube
When viewing flash player videos from YouTube and/or similar sites, no sound can be heard. To fix this issue follow these steps:
- In a new tab, go to chrome://plugins/
- Click on +Details
- Scroll down until you see Flash
- Disable all the flash player plugins, except the one with Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_3_300_268.dll
- Restart Chrome
Spell checker not working
Spell checker does not underline incorrect spellings of words in Google Chrome. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Open Google chrome and go to the Settings
- Click Show advanced settings...
- Under Privacy uncheck Use a web service to help resolve spelling errors
- Restart Chrome
YouTube autoplay/large player sometimes not working
For no odd reason the autoplay (Such as a playlist) and large player doesn't work. Changing quality, as well as fullscreen does work.
No currently known solutions
Google Chrome Slowing Down
The most common reason for this would be because you have too many plugins and/or extensions running and occasionally from too much browsing history.
- Navigate to chrome://plugins
- Click "Disable" on any plugins you don't need.
- If your extensions are on your Chrome address bar, right-click them and select "Disable".
- You can also disable them from a "New Tab Page" using the same method.
- Alternatively, if you click the Settings (wrench) button, and go to Tools > Extensions, you can disable them from here too.