ePSXe, also known as Enhanced PSX Emulator, is a PlayStation One emulator available for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android.
ePSXe has stopped working
When trying to run any game or even the BIOS, ePSXe will crash and an error message will popup saying "ePSXe.exe has stopped working". This issue happens most commonly with ePSXe 2.0.5.
- Open ePSXe
- Click Options
- Click CPU Overclocking
- Set it to x1
Background music does not play on some games
In some games, the background music will not play, but all other sounds in the game play without issue. This is usually caused by playing the game from the File -> Run ISO option. These games require the use of a physical CD to play the background music. You can fix this issue by emulating a physical CD.
- Download Mooby2 CDR
- Navigate to the ePSXe folder and extract the zip into the plugins folder
- Run ePSXe and click on Config -> Cdrom
- Change the Cdrom plugin to Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8
- Click Configure
- Check Repeat all CDDA tracks
- Change the CDDA Volume to 0.50
- Click OK and OK again
Now when you want to play an ISO game run it from File -> Run CDROM and the background music should work.